Navtek Big Boy Vacuum Hoses
The New Navtek Big Boy vacuum hoses improve vacuum efficiency when compared to using a 1/4” hose with core depressor, by a whopping 68%.
- 1/2” large diameter for fast evacuation
- 3200 psi burst pressure, 640 psi working pressure
- 4-layer construction for low permeation
- Vacuum rated to 20 microns
- 2 Variants available
- 1/4″FSAE x 3/8″FSAE @ 1.8m
- 1/4″FSAE x 1/2″FSAE @ 1.8m
Vacuum Tech Tips:
- Larger bore hoses significantly improve evacuation times
- Avoid using 1/4” hoses they only extract 0.7cfm regardless of size of vacuum pump used!
- Did you know the 1/4” port on a vacuum pump is only there to test your vacuum pump pulls below 100 microns before connecting to the system.
- If it fails the test, run your pump to warm oil before draining and replacing with new oil.
- This should improve the pumps performance.
- If pump fails to get below 100 microns you may have to repeat this several times.
- An efficient pump saves wasting your valuable time.
- When possible always go directly from the system to your vacuum pump, the small internal ports on a manifold slows down the evacuation process considerably
- Did you know not all core removal tools are suitable for vacuum, unless they have double o-rings like the NVR1, Appion or C&D models do.
Recovery Tech Tips:
- We also found NAVTEK Big Boy Hoses speed up recovery times. Connect a NHB1 hose 1/4” hose end to the outlet of your recovery machine and the other 3/8” end to a M123 3/8 brass cylinder adaptor on the recovery cylinder.
- We find the hose creates a pressure drop from the 1/4” fitting into the large 1/2 hose diameter, lowering the refrigerant pressure and temperature which keeps the cylinder cool during recovery.