Penn P215PR/RM Series Fan Speed Control
P215PR/RM direct-mount single phase condenser fan speed controllers are pressure-actuated to vary the speed of single-phase motors. Speed variation of the fan on an air-cooled condenser controls the refrigeration system’s head pressure, for optimum performance year-round. These controllers can be used with non-corrosive refrigerants.
The Series P215PR/RM direct-mount and remote- mount pressure-actuated condenser fan speed controllers are designed for speed variation of single-phase motors. Head pressure control of a refrigeration system, through speed variation of the fan on an air-cooled condenser, results in optimum performance throughout the year. Once the output drops below 30%, the fan is cut off. The Series P215PR/RM controllers are designed for non-corrosive refrigerant systems. See Table 1 for a list of features and benefits.
A pressure-actuated control provides the most direct and fastest response to pressure variations in the refrigerant system. The controller varies the supply voltage to the motor from 30% to at least 95% over the proportional band using the phase-cutting principle. This principle provides speed variation of a permanent split capacitor or shaded pole motors that do not draw more than 4 A (RMS) full-load current. The motor manufacturer should have approved the product for this speed control principle.
- Fan Speed Variation Condenser Pressure Control – Creates optimum condenser pressure control all year round and reduces noise during colder periods (such as nights).
- Pressure Input – Allows direct and fast response to pressure variations.
- Direct Mount Option – Allows for easy installation.
- Remote Mount Option – Creates flexibility in mounting location.
- Setpoint Screw Location on Top of Device – Allows for easy setpoint adjustment after installation.
- Built-in Suppression Filter – Meets electro-magnetic compatibility requirements.
- IP65 Enclosure – Allows for controller mounting outdoors.
- Compact Design – Fits into small units and has a small turnaround circle.
- Quick Connector Plug Included – Allows for easy wiring and quick replacement.
- Pressure Range 5-42 bar – Allows compatibility with all HFC types from R134a to R410a.