Penn P315PR Series Fan Speed Control
The Series P315PR direct mount pressure actuated condenser fan speed controllers are designed for speed control of electronically commutated (EC) condenser fan motors.
Condenser pressure control of a refrigeration system, via speed control of the fans on an air-cooled condenser, results in optimum performance throughout the year. The Series P315PR controllers are designed for non-corrosive refrigerant systems.
A pressure actuated control provides the most direct and fastest response to pressure changes in a refrigerant system. The controller varies the supply voltage to the motor from 5% to at least 95% over the proportional band.
- Fan Speed Variation Condenser Pressure Control – Provides optimum condenser pressure control year round; reduces short-cycling during low temperatures; and increases condenser fan motor efficiency, which saves energy.
- Direct Mount Option – Enables easy installation and provides direct and fast response to condenser pressure changes.
- Setpoint Screw Location on Top of Device – Provides easy and precise set point adjustment to meet your application needs.
- IP65 Enclosure – Allows for controller mounting outdoors.
- Compact Design – Fits into small spaces and provides a small turning radius for screwing the controller onto the condenser fitting.
- Quick Connector Plug Included – Allows for easy wiring and quick replacement.
- Compatible with 1 ~ or 3 ~ EC Motors – Provides inexpensive and efficient fan speed control for low and high horsepower motors.
The controller must be mounted in upright position on the refrigerant line, preferably at the condenser outlet side, to reduce pressure pulsation as much as possible. Mount the controller within a 45° angle on both sides of the top of the high pressure line to avoid accumulation of oil inside the controller bellows and maintain the class IP65 rating.If you are using a pump-down system, the controller connection must be made at the high-pressure side of the system and upstream from the solenoid valve to avoid low pressure during pump-down. The controller (IP65) can be mounted outdoors. When mounted inside a cabinet, holes for air circulation must be provided.