Penn P66 Series Fan Speed Control
The P66 Series Electronic Fan Speed Controls are refrigerant pressure actuated, electronic motor-speed controllers.
The P66 controls are designed for use with single-phase permanent split-capacitor motors that are approved by the motor manufacturer for speed control applications.
The P66 controls provide condenser pressure control by directly sensing condenser refrigerant pressure and automatically adjusting the condenser fan motor speed according to the sensed pressure.
The P66 provides an alternative to fan cycling control in many small and medium size refrigeration and Heating, Ventilating, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) applications.
- PENN® pressure transducer — responds quickly to condenser pressure changes and condenser air delivery requirements
- soft start capability â€” provides a smooth fan startup, which reduces motor-starting noise and abrupt changes in motor speed
- 208-240/277/480 VAC, 60 Hz motor control — suitable for a wide range of condenser fan motor applications
- one or two pressure transducers —applicable to single- and multi-circuit condensers. The dual-sensor P66 control models select the higher pressure input to control the fan speeds.
- two Effective Throttling Ranges (ETRs) —provide either a 30 or 60 psi (207 or 414 kPa) ETR
- NEMA 1 or NEMA 3R (Rainproof) enclosures — allows indoor and panel mounting or outdoor mounting
- built-in voltage surge protection, Radio Frequency Interference (RFI) suppression, and ground terminal screw